Friday, May 21, 2010

bold is the new beautiful [HONG KONG by OPI]

Nail polish is one accessory a girl can never have too much of....or at least I tell myself that every time I buy a new shade. 
One thing I learned over the past year with my college roommates is that a manicure is essential to not only one's fashion sense, but it also can be a communal and therapeutic activity ;] (bonding time for the girls). We used to just sit around and experiment with the 50+ bottles of nail lacquer piling up in my shabby green container.
Not only that....it's also just one of those things where you can afford (yes I have to constantly reassure myself that this is indeed the truth) to have one to match each outfit. And let's be honest one's nail polish and design can easily make or break a person's outfit....and might I go further and dare to say make or break one's sense of fashion. You know we've all seen it, the girl with the perfect mani/pedi always with the season's most up and coming colors that just brings out her outfit....and then we've seen the girl with the peeling and chipped nail polish with the color that was 'oh so last season' long overdue for a serious manicure. 

So I was walking in Kroger on a milk run with my little brother--of all places-- and caught a glimpse of OPI's newest collection of nail color.
Spring/Summer 2010 say hello to 'bold'-- because bold is the new beautiful according to OPI's newest collection of nail colors for Spring/Summer 2010 titled: Hong Kong. 

The description for Hong Kong by OPI is as follows: "City Edge. Shades that capture the brilliant sharpness of the cityscape. A modern mood of color and perspective for spring."
**Caveat** Another neat little thing about the Hong Kong Collection is that they have partnered up with Dell to have their laptops come in certain shades from the Hong Kong Collection.
These specific Hong Kong shades are available for customization on certain laptops produced by Dell!


The colors are from left to right:
Red My Fortune Cookie/ Bling Dynasty/ A Good Man-darin is Hard to Find/ Hot & Spicy/ Chop Sticking to my Story/ Jade is the New Black/ Suzi Says Feng Shui/ Dim Sum Plum/ Meet Me on the Star Ferry/ Lucky Lucky Lavender/ Panda-monium Pink/ Pearl of Wisdom

And of course--I had to snag both 'Jade is the New Black' and 'Suzi Says Feng Shui' to add to my endless collection.

The great thing of OPI nail polish is the quality of the polish you get out of the bottle. I've tried and have over 10 different types of nail polish brands and have found that for the price of the polish, you get your bang for the buck. Although the price is a little steep for nail polish, the finished product ultimately justifies its pricing. It lasts (with a good base and top coat) for at least a solid week with no chips (and longer on toes!!) --It is after all a professional quality and well recognized brand of nail polish. 

So I must encourage you....if you don't own at least ONE bottle of OPI nail polish....I'd say Hong Kong Collection is a great place to start! 

4 comments:

  1. I started a 'loveforpolish' revolution in my chapter. :) It's therapy everyone can afford!!! Maybe not specifically OPI but you know.... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, allow me to reintroduce myself :) Melanie Kom from GVSU aka EXPRESS :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like reading deez
    -liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like reading deez
    -liz

    ReplyDelete